The Research Room is open for self-directed research 10 to 3:30 PM Tuesday through Friday. Assisted research is available by appointment.
Fees and Basic Information
Among our resources for research are family files, cemetery records, directories, county and town histories, old maps, a local genealogy database and reference books. Our town files can also be searched for information on subjects not related to genealogy, such as business and industry, education, religious institutions, etc. For further information please refer to this description of archives resources.
The following fees apply:
- Members have free use of the Research Room during opening hours. Membership also includes 5 hours a year of assisted research and 10 free photocopies.
- Non-members will be charged $5 / day use fee for the Research Room.
- Assisted research is free for the first half hour.
- After the first half hour, research will be billed at $10 per hour. Most research requests can be completed in one to three hours.
- 25¢ per page for photocopies, 50¢ per page for oversized materials
- $1 per image for high-resolution scans of archival materials
Please note that we are a privately run group and do not have access to records, such as vital statistics, probate, land and tax records.
Because of the enormous volume of requests we receive and our limited number of researchers, some requests may take months to be answered. Please be patient and we will do our best to fulfill your research request as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.