North Country Civil War Round Table
Battle of Cold Harbor
Image from Wikipedia
The North Country Civil War Round Table, sponsored by the St Lawrence County Historical Association, is an informal discussion group that centers on the Civil War period. Each meeting focuses on a particular topic related to the Civil War and emphasizes the North Country's role in that turbulent era. The Round Table is free and open to the pubic and light refreshments will be served.
The St Lawrence County Historical Association at the Silas Wright House is open Tuesday through Saturday noon to 4 pm, Friday noon to 8 pm. Admission to the museum is free; admission to the archives is free for members and children, $2.50 for college students, and $5 for the general public.The St Lawrence County Historical Association is located at 3 East Main Street, Canton. Parking is available in the back of the SLCHA, next to the museum's main entrance.
The St Lawrence County Historical Association is a membership organization open to anyone interested in St Lawrence County history. For more information, or to become a member, call the SLCHA at 315-386-8133 or e-mail. Exhibits and programs are made possible in part with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Civil War Graves Project
- Read about the Civil War Graves project and see the results
- See a picture of the 60th New York Infantry at the dedication of a monument to General George Sears Greene at Culps Hill, Gettysburg PA, and help identify the people in it
- New York State Civil War Sesquicentennial Homepage
- From the library at Morrisville State College:
- National Parks Service Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System
- Find your New York State Civil War ancestor online
- Civil War Research in New York State from Dick Hillenbrand
- Other Civil War Round Tables
- From The Historical Marker Data Base:
Sue Longshore, Collections Manager and CWRT Coordinator